20 Ways NEW advanced your career
NEW means a lot of things to our members, but one thing consistently hear is the amazing capacity for this network of committed advocates to lift each other up. There can be no doubt that NEW’s network and programs change members’ lives and careers, and have touched so many over the last 20 years – just see what some of them have to say!
The networking that I have gained from this organization has totally advanced my career.
– Jillian Pantano iHeartMedia Shopper Marketing Specialist]
I have gotten so many keynote speaking opportunities because of NEW. Also, I wrote a book for NEW featuring interviews with more than 50 superwomen.
– Fawn Germer, Best-selling Author & Speaker, fawngermer.com
[NEW has] given me the confidence to go after what I deserve, speak up in meetings more often, and talk about how women belong in the workplace.
– Nicole Balkenbusch, North America Sr Finance Leader, Amazon Customer Service
There are so many, but more than anything, NEW has given me fantastic leadership experiences. Today, I lead the 110+ volunteer team, alongside my Co-Chair, and have the opportunity to “practice” succession planning, delegation, development and strategic planning. This opportunity has set me up for success in all my future roles because more likely than not, I have faced a similar challenge thru NEW so I’m confident I can’t take anything on!
– Carol Vella, Associate Director, Marketing – DEI, Walmart
Diversity in thought.
– Lacey Cozens General Sales Manager Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
NEW has enabled me to build my network both internally at PepsiCo and externally with [others]…within our industry. I would not have had an opportunity outside of my PepsiCo Region if I did not attend the NEW Summit and build my network across total PepsiCo. I would not be where I am today if it weren’t for NEW!
– Katie Wallace, Director of Sales for PepsiCo
My story stands. I wouldn’t be where I am today without NEW. The opportunities I’ve been given through NEW has provided me with visibility internally and externally of my organization, it’s given me confidence, and the resources I need to grow my career. NEW is the reason I’ve been promoted to the role I have today!
– Nicole Wright, Program Engagement Consultant, Acosta
NEW helped me get to where I am and to the company I am making a career at.
– Kalyn Oden, Tyson Foods
Formal and informal mentoring at the Region level of NEW has had a lasting impact on the leader I am today.
– Felicia Mooty Director Market Activation Nestle Purina PetCare
I’ve met a lot of amazing people in my capacity as a director and General Counsel [at] NEW.
– Andrew Lapayowker, General Counsel & Secretary, Rosemore, Inc.
NEW Rising Stars was life and career changing for the positive. My career coach knew exactly what to do to assist in my advancement and where to push me for the future. Her inspiration and advice will stay with me for a lifetime.
– Katy O’Connor-Neefus, National Account Manager, CVS
NEW has enabled me to build a strong network that has lead to several career opportunities.
– Jill McIntosh, CEO JVM Ventures, Sr Consultant Simpactful
[NEW has given me] leadership growth through regional volunteering.
– Sara Knapp, Director Owned Brand Sourcing at Target
I’ve learned how to be confident in my skills and abilities without downplaying them.
– Kallie Millar – Director of Sales & Marketing, CROSSMARK
Participating in NEW Summit as well as Rising Stars has given me tools to be my own best career advocate and make sure my voice is heard.
– Melissa Rodriguez, Principal Client Insights – IRI
[The 2020 NEW Rising Stars] program helped me rethink my possibilities, pushing me out of [my comfort zone] and inspiring me to work intentionally on living up to my fullest potential. In 2020 I developed an L&D mentorship program for our employee resource groups, and most recently stepped up to the board chair of our Hispanic/Latino ERG, hola!
– Natalie Fernandez, Chain Accounts Manager, Heineken
From networking at NEW, I had a job upon graduation. I was a 2008 scholarship recipient, which include 3 years of membership. Through my connections at NEW, I began my career at Kraft Foods and continue it today at Tyson Foods. Wherever I’ve moved for work, there’s always been a welcoming chapter to become involved in.
– Briana Lee, Shopper Marketing Manager – Tyson Foods
My experience with NEW Rising Stars was incredibly beneficial. A couple months after going through the program I was promoted to a new role within a department I was completely unfamiliar with. At first I was intimidated, but the things I learned from the conference, my coach, and the peers in my smaller group helped me be successful taking on this new opportunity!
– Mary Crail, Product Owner, Valassis
I found the engagement both during and after the Rising Stars event with other attendees meaningful. We coached one another through major milestones…career decisions, performance reviews, managing a difficult work environment.
– Jocelyn Lane, Director Sales Account Management, SC Johnson
NEW has helped me find my voice as I transition from individual contributor to woman leader. Not only has NEW helped me improve my ability to make effective decisions, but NEW has also helped me develop the confidence I was missing.
– Jessica Grant, Enterprise IT Business Analyst, BJ’s Wholesale Club