Best Practice Series: Mentorship, Sponsorship and the Role of the Mentee
Session 3 of the DEI Best Practice series.
About the event
Mentorship is a relationship between two people where an individual with more experience can pass along knowledge, skills and what they have learned through their career to a junior colleague within a certain industry. What does the mentee need to do in their preparedness to engage in the mentor/mentee relationship?
Sponsorship is a relationship between a protégé and an individual who has influence in the protégé’s career development and advancement.
Come and join in this interactive session as we:
- Learn about the dynamics of these critical roles and relationships in the professional and personal lives of individuals.
- Explore the core competencies required to be an effective mentor and sponsor to maximize the relationship with diverse talent/mentees.
- Identify the expectations of mentees
- Build a personalized model of competencies for your next mentorship, sponsorship, and mentee relationship
Guiding principles for this session:
- Limit distractions
- Have your camera on
- Be ready to engage with other participants
- Have fun!
This best practice series is filling up quickly. Be sure to register early to avoid being shut out of this dynamic and transformative opportunity!
Upcoming Best Practice Series sessions:
Virtual Meeting URL
Click the "Add to Calendar" link post-registration to immediately receive the Zoom link.